Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life. But even when you have an experienced wedding planner, the task of managing budgets, wedding parties and guests can be overwhelming - especially when you have a tight budget. But luckily, you can find awesome budget-friendly wedding favors that your guests will love with just a few mouse clicks.
Finding the best wedding favors for your guestsChoosing the perfect wedding favor for your guests can be a challenging and time-consuming process. Before you start thinking about how you'll get deals, you need some ideas for wedding favors that won't break the bank, are in your style, and are something your friends and family will keep and enjoy. Here are a few suggestions. Flip-Flops: This may seem like a simple wedding favor, but everyone who wore uncomfortable shoes to your wedding will appreciate being able to wear something more comfortable during the reception. If you choose this favor, add a shoe size request to your save-the-date card because you don’t want to end up with 100 pairs of size four flip flops that no one can wear. And don’t let a winter wedding stop you. You can still give something that reminds your guests of warmer weather, since they can wear them when they're inside. Mini-Cocktails: Mini bottles of tequila, rum or champagne can be great wedding favors, and they usually aren’t that expensive. You don’t even need to wrap them up, just add a little note and maybe a cocktail recipe. Bake Something: Whether it's brownies, cookies or your mom's apple pie, making small packages of homemade treats will show your guests that you put in some effort to make them a special treat. Add some creative packaging, and you have the perfect made-from-scratch wedding favor. Attaching your recipe can also give your guests something useful even when the cookies are gone. Coffee or Tea (or both): Giving your guests a personalized bag of coffee beans, or a packet or two of tea will have them thinking of your wedding with every sip. Buying bulk customized bags for coffee or packets of tea can allow you to customize your blend and infuse a little of your tastes into their morning joe. Wine or Cocktail Glasses: Personalized wine or cocktail glasses can be a budget-friendly way to give you guests a wedding favor that they can use over and over again. And each time they use it they will be reminded of what an awesome and thoughtful wedding planner you are.
How to find wedding favors with WOW factor on a budgetSelecting your wedding favors should be fun, you get to choose something that will remind your guests of your wedding every time they see or use it. But you don’t have to spend a lot to get an awesome memento your guest will be sure to enjoy. Using these tips, you can have fabulous favors and still have money for your honeymoon.
- Find money-saving email lists: Adding yourself to a website's email list is a great way to get money-saving ideas and coupons. Set up an email address just for your wedding planning, and watch the offers and discounts roll for flowers, bakeries, and of course, wedding favors. Just remember to unsubscribe after the wedding.
- Make some new friends of Facebook: Lots of stores, big and small, have a presence on Facebook- find ones that have the favors you are interested in, then like and comment on their page. Showing support for their business can often result in them sharing special offers and discounts with you. It’s a win, win!
- Buy in bulk: Even if your wedding is a small one, you may still be able to save some money by buying your wedding favors in bulk. If you need more than twenty favors, check out sites that offer discounts based on volume. You'll be surprised how much you can save, even on a smaller order. Just be sure to do a little research on shipping and quality before you make your purchase. Checking to make sure everything arrives on time will save you from a favorless wedding.
- Shop around: Visit several different wedding favor sites to check for clearance sales. You can save money and still find some terrific options for your guests. You may need to be willing to compromise, but if you have a small budget, finding items on clearance can help you reallocate funds to more pressing wedding expenses.
- Don’t pay too much for shipping: Look for sites that have a flat rate, or even better, free shipping. You don’t want to spend half of your wedding favor budget on the shipping cost. There are a lot of sites that will waive fees depending on how much you spend. And if they don’t, ask them to waive it for you. Call or chat with the company to see if you can get your shipping for free - the worst that can happen is they say no.
- Look for sites that price match: Find a lower price on one site, but free shipping on another? See if the site with the free shipping has a price matching policy. There are several wedding favor sites that will match, within reason, the prices found on another site. So if a site doesn’t have the items in stock, or the shipping it too costly, a price matching site could be the perfect solution.
- Buy favors in the off season: Prices can be higher than normal during peak wedding season, so buying favors in the middle of winter can help you save money. The store will also be more likely to have the item you want in stock, and you can pay less for shipping by using the ground option.